Cashmere in MADELEINE premium quality
With THE GOOD CASHMERE STANDARD® by Aid by Trade Foundation (AbTF), we are setting new standards for sustainable and ethical cashmere production.
Learn more about the seal, our claim of premium quality at MADELEINE and the highlights in our spring/summer collection 2021.
THE GOOD CASHMERE STANDARD® by AbTF
The standard was developed in close cooperation with animal welfare specialists and independent experts in cashmere production. It contains clear and comprehensive criteria that govern all aspects of sustainable cashmere production. Social criteria for the farmers, animal welfare and environmental criteria as well as transparency in the textile value chain through a tracking system.
FAQ – THE GOOD CASHMERE STANDARD® by ATF
The standard contains clear and comprehensive criteria that regulate all aspects of sustainable cashmere production.
The GOOD CASHMERE STANDARD® covers all aspects of sustainable production. Animal welfare and environmental criteria, such as:
- Better and species-appropriate husbandry conditions
- Protection of the environment
- Promotion of biodiversity
- Promotion of social criteria for farmers and employed workers on the farms
- Transparency in the textile value chain through a tracking system
The five freedoms
At the heart of the GOOD CASHMERE STANDARD® is animal welfare. The standard contains basic and binding principles defined by the Farm Animal Welfare Council. No animal should be subjected to hunger, thirst, discomfort, pain, injury or disease. For more information on the GOOD CASHMERE STANDARD®, click here: thegoodcashmerestandard.org
How can I recognise MADELEINE premium quality?
For premium quality according to the THE GOOD CASHMERE STANDARD®, MADELEINE uses only the finest fibres with a staple length of 36mm and a thickness of 15.5 microns. They are often spun in two or more threads. A difference that you can feel and which makes our products long-lasting.
Every batch is expertly tested to ensure that only the best raw materials are used.
The premium cashmere from MADELEINE with the THE GOOD CASHMERE STANDARD® contains pure, 100% high quality cashmere.
The origin and route of the wool are transparent, from the raw material to the to the finished product.
This valuable cashmere is carefully processed. Our collection is timelessly beautiful.
CARE TIPS from our professionals
Each of our products is conceived with you in mind and developed with care. At MADELEINE we have therefore had our premium fibre standard for years. To maintain the longevity of these valuable products, please follow the care recommendations of our styling experts.
Here are our tips for your cashmere favourites:
- After wearing, air the garment well to allow the fibres to regenerate.
- Pre-treat stains with a little wool detergent and wash immediately. Please do not brush out, soak or rub - this will damage the fibres!
- We recommend hand washing in lukewarm water. Caution: never warmer than 30°C.
- When machine washing, please use the wool programme: turn the knitted garment inside out.
- For fine yarns, wash in a wash bag; only half-fill the drum.
- Use a greasing wool detergent without bleach, whitener or fabric softener, as this preserves the natural protective layer.
- Avoid wringing out after washing, rather squeeze gently and roll in a towel. Dry lying down. Do not expose to direct sunlight or dry on a radiator!
- Please store these valuable garments in a cool, dark and horizontal place.
Read more about our sustainability topics.