Viscose is made from wood, a renewable and natural raw material. However, it is only environmentally friendly if the wood and cellulose used come from certified and controlled sources. Aside from the sustainable wood resources, the manufacturing process is also relevant because to detach the cellulose fiber from the wood a multi-stage chemical process is necessary.
For our MADELEINE products we focus on the innovative, sustainable viscose from the company Lenzing (Austria), which is characterized by their particularly environmentally friendly production processes and products.
With the LENZING ™ ECOVERO ™ fibers, Lenzing has created one of the world's most environmentally friendly viscose fibers. They are manufactured in an environmentally friendly production process and have therefore been awarded the EU Ecolabel. The EU eco-label is only awarded to products and services that meet high environmental standards throughout their entire life cycle, from production to disposal.
LENZING ™ ECOVERO ™ are trademarks of Lenzing AG. Further information is also available at: ecovero.com
Transparency is also guaranteed: thanks to a special manufacturing system, the fibers can be unequivocally identified in the end product. As a customer, you can be sure that your item is truly sustainable.
FAQ - Find out more ...
- Only certified wood from sustainable forestry is used for production.
- The wood comes from sustainably managed mixed forests in Europe and is processed at the Lenzing site in Austria. The transport routes are reduced to a minimum.
- Compared to standard viscose, optimized and innovative manufacturing processes use 50 percent less water and energy.
- By closing the Lenzing cycle, all chemicals used are recycled in the best possible way and therefore do not end up in the environment. The water used is also reused.
- The supply chain is 100 percent transparent, i. H. traceable.
- Although viscose is a man-made fibers and not a natural fiber, the starting material wood is renewable, natural and raw. Pure viscose fabric is completely biodegradable. With LENZING ™ ECOVERO ™ viscose fibers, you and we can be sure that that the wood used comes from sustainable, certified forestry.
- The cellulose fiber contained in the wood is made using sulfur compounds and caustic soda extracted in a multi-stage chemical process and processed into fibers. At LENZING ™end up in the environment.
- With its special manufacturing process, the manufacturer achieves up to 50% less emissions and water waste than generic viscose production and therefore sets a Gold standard.
- Wash your garments made of LENZING ™ ECOVERO ™ viscose fibers as indicated on the label at a maximum of 40 ° C and use a colour detergent if possible, as this allows them to keep the colour keep the longest. Washing in a laundry net ensures additional protection. * To prevent the fabric from creasing or shrinking, you should not dry your garments made of LENZING ™ ECOVERO ™ viscose fibers in the dryer, but - and this also corresponds to the cheapest and most energy-saving method - pull the garment into shape and let it dry in the fresh air.
- You can iron your sustainable fashion favorites with steam on low to medium heat